Thursday, July 22, 2010

Motor Away set photographs round 1


This one's my favorite. Looks like a Kraftwerk cover


Here are some photos Charlie, our lead actor, took on set. He was sneaky and took a bunch on his iPhone with the Hipstamatic filter on, which I find very silly and entertaining. There are plenty more photos from both him and Emma, and those will trickle in soon enough.

The trip was exhausting and non-stop. By our final night I could hardly talk I was so tired (no thanks to my wrap party meal: cheese burger, pulled pork sliders, whiskey and soda, a lamb pita and appetizers). But! It was worth it and I had a lovely time. The creative pace of the summer has been pretty much perfect. I've been on two sets in the course of two months with my closest friends making what I think can and will be great films. I'm shocked at the progress we've made since we started this whole endeavor maybe 5 or 6 years ago. I'm not going to name off all the ways we've grown or whatever, but it just keeps getting more and more fun. Everything is stressful as hell on set, but I'm still surrounded by amazing people, and as we get a bigger grasp on our art and as we become more confident, I get happier and happier. Making these movies really makes my life better, and I love it with all my heart. Can't wait to see the first cut of Motor Away.