Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Have you read these music blogs?

Just back from a beautiful time in Oregon. I downloaded music from the following three blogs for the trip:

somatose
gorillavsbear
experimental etc

I highly recommend thumbing through somatose. They have weird, silly bands that sound great. The band Weed has a track up there called Quilt that has a beautiful cover, and the band MICKEY MICKEY ROURKE (all caps) is surprisingly serious and awesome. There's an EP at honey from the bees that I can't wait to listen to: Bingo Pajamas - Shidiot. Hopefully it's better than COOLRUNNINGS - Babes Forever, which I wanted to like but just couldn't get into.

I'm looking for music blogs that have film soundtracks. I've had a hankerin' for some older composers (Miklos Rosza, some of Max Steiner's work with Huston), but anything will do. Any thoughts? Any other blogs I should be downloading from?

No comments: