Thursday, November 19, 2009

Portland 11/18.



Most of my favorite moments from last night, the first night of shooting my Noah/Dingo documentary, are on tape. It was a great night, unusually punctuated by Wolfmother attending the sideshow. I didn't realize it was Andrew Stockdale who had correctly identified a fan up his ass during What's Up Your Ass until I came from the post-show wrap with several of the performers and discovered Stockdale teaching Stephanie how to 'gypsy dance.'

The best part of this story is that we couldn't remember his name and kept calling him Wolfmother. The best moment involving the best part is when a too-drunk Stockdale attempted to shove a sideshow residual ping-pong ball down the throat of Dayna. He's so forceful/playful that he knocks Dayna off the bar stool; Noah, Stephen, Stehpanie, and I attempt to keep her from hitting the ground while Stockdale keeps trying to shove the ping-pong ball into her mouth, and Dayna is yelling "No Wolfmother, no. Wolfmother is attacking me!"

I won't dwell on the fact that Stockdale wanted naked-electric-rock-guitar sex with my girlfriend and friend's girlfriend (a champagne soaked threesome playing in his mind, I'm sure), or that he used Ikea furniture as a leverage, being that we shot 3 1/2 hours of footage last night alone. And the guys are both willing to have us over to film additional footage. Very excited about the documentary.

1 comment:

joe said...

awesome. very excited as well. started editing a chunk of the mule days doc. I'll upload some rough draft parts and put it on youtube. see how it goes. YES.