Monday, October 26, 2009

Lars von Trier's "Antichrist"

I walked out of "Antichrist" with about twenty minutes left in the movie (by my calculations). Could not hang. Thought a lot about:

A) movies I could never make.
B) images I never want to see.

The first two thirds of the movie stressed me the fuck out. I tried to drown out the images with some loud, happy music on the way home. It ... only kind of worked. I want to say it's my favorite von Trier movie, up until I left, of course. But I also don't know how I could:

A) consider the experience enjoyable.
B) ever seriously return to it.

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Logical follow up to The Boss of It All, everyone saw this coming.

Grant! said...

Ahaha! I can't wait to see this movie! But then again you know me and genre horror.

Christina Gubalalalala said...

Jesus! DO NOT WANT!