Friday, May 1, 2009

Upon sending my Sundance application

Tom, a thirty five year old postal worker greeted me. He has a voice like a mix between Jimmy Stewart and the Pimply Faced Teen in The Simpsons.

Tom: Would you like to purchase any other mail related items? Stamps, envelopes, insurance, signature required shipping, priority shipping, or overnight shipping?

Joe: How long will it take to get there regularly?

Tom: [looking at the package] Oh, probably overnight anyways.

Joe: That's fine, then. No big deal.

Tom prints the label and sticks it on.

Tom: No big deal! Why, it's just what you want to do with the rest of your life!

Joe: ... ha.

-------------------------------

Tom was nice. He left me with a "good luck." Apparently even the mail men know how possibly important that package is. Damn.

I'll get back to writing things for the blog soon. Been light on the posts lately, and I do apologize.

No comments: