Thursday, April 9, 2009

2 YEARS!!!

Hello friends,

Today is a special day in not only the life of Moderate Revolt, but mine as well. We've been at this for two years now, and I want to give a big thanks to those who have contributed any time, effort, talent, or emotion into this little project of ours. I hope that, if anything, Moderate Revolt keeps us connected while we focus more or get lost or move across country or are not sure what to do next. I'm glad we have our little net here to catch whatever we think may be worth displaying.

Last year I made a little list of our accomplishments, so this year I'll continue that tradition.
Since last April 9:
Ryan and I started working for director Peter Bogdanovich.
We learned a lot, and subsequently rode the roller coaster that is Hollywood business.
Ryan, Jesse, Masaki, David and I actually shot the Mule Days documentary (though we have yet to start editing).
Shawn wrote at least "Adrina You Swallow Me" (his first feature) and "Yellowjacket Brain Fever," continuing his trend of having the best titles around.
Emma and I wrote a feature length adaptation of "Outer Dark."
We also graduated UCLA.
Ryan started tackling our infrared voyeur idea with phenomenal results.
Ryan also DPed (and was hands down the best thing about) "The Sounds of Silence."
He also worked on innumerable other short projects.
Jesse is climbing the ladder to Assistant Director.
Aaron moved from Boston into our abode, and has been honing in on a nice photographic vision.
We met illustrator extraordinaire David Howells, and I will berate him into drawing a comic if it kills me.
David is currently working on a travel journal of his time in the states, Sept 10 - Election 2008.
Emma started her food / life blog, which is funny and touching.


As I enter my 24th year, which has long been an age of much personal expectation, I'd also like to lay out some of my personal goals for the next year.

1. Shoot and finish Alperman Grapplefest.
2. Shoot and finish at least 1 music video. Preferably 2.
3. Write a feature in time for the Feb 15 open date of the Sundance Screenwriters Lab.
4. Re-apply to This American Life in September.
5. Really scrounge the emotional and material wherewithal to finish these projects we have floating around.
6. Start, at least, a comic and force it down the throats of the artists I know.

Here's to the last year and looking forward to the next. Thanks again for everything.

No comments: