Friday, August 1, 2008

Howard Hawks says

"The average movie talks too much. You have to plant your scenes and then let the audience do a little work so they become a part of it. Any script that reads well is no good. If it starts with, 'He looks at her and the yearning of ten years shows in his eyes,' you're in trouble. I've never found an actor who can do that. If you have to read it three times to understand it, then maybe you've got a chance of making a movie out of it."

Sounds like we're doing something right.

3 comments:

Grant! said...

And if you don't understand the movie at all, it must be brilliant. I'm sorry, but come on.

Shawn said...

I bought and watched Hustle. That's the Peter Bogdanovich directed, Tom Sizemore starring, direct-to-ESPN, Pete Rose biopic. Stephanie says "provocative and inspiring". It's better than my second favorite heart of the hero sports film, Invincible, starring Mark Wahlberg. Of the Funky Bunch. Invincible is far more upbeat.
Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch were a great early 90s music ensemble, I recently purchased their album "Music for the People." One of my favorite song titles on the album is Bout Time I Funk You. He covers Lou Reed's Wildside.

Ryan said...

Jesse and I watched a VH1 documentary on the wahlbergs one day. Pretty good stuff.