Monday, July 7, 2008

the new idea.

I'm going to begin compiling a series of movie reviews and short autobiographical stories. I'm going to review every movie I see at a minimum of 300 words, and write down in prose a few stories that I have honed verbally over the years.

These will be published here first.

The purpose is two-fold. First, I'm going to try to make myself a journalism job. Once I have about ten of these piled up that I really like, I'm going to start going to OC Weekly, LA Weekly, etc. and try to get article space. This is a step towards writing a 33 1/3 book, or getting published in Believer, or Mome, or McSweeney's, all of which I would love to do.

The second is to see if I can write some prose that is actually laugh-out-loud funny as it is when spoken, or as cringe inducing. I'm going to start tonight.

No comments: