Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Beck Beck at the echo.



I think I've seen Beck at the echo 4 times now, and last night was easily the shortest and sweetest. Really phenomenal show. I'm very excited for the new stuff.Off the top of my head, he played:
Devil's Haircut, New Pollution, new one called Gamma Ray, the title track off the new album and amazing song Modern Guilt, really cool different versions of Lost Cause, Sunday Sun, and the song from Eternal Sunshine, a really awesome country twangy boot stompy Scarecrow (which remains consistently one of the best live Beck songs ever), I think I'm in Love, Where it's At in the middle of the set, and he closed with another awesome new song.

I can't remember if I'm missing any.
Pretty great gig.
Bret (edit: more new zealandish) from Flight of the Conchords was two guys ahead of me in line! He's the smudge in the black.

No comments: