Friday, January 25, 2008

Coachella


Sigh.

The last time I went to Coachella was 2004. This was also the last year I even remotely considered it up until now. This is as much for me as it is for anyone reading. I'm trying to decide if I should swindle a ticket for a day. Here's my breakdown:

DAY 1!
The headliners are ridiculous, but only once have I even stuck around for the main stage headliners, and even then I bailed early to go see Kraftwerk. Pretty much every one else on the list does nothing for me. The list I'd make for that day is:

For sure:
Mum
Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings
Cut Copy
Modeselektor

Probably:
Architecture
The National
Les Savy Fav
Diplo

Why?:
The Verve
Raconteurs
Breeders
Fatboy Slim
Madness

Wtf?:
Dan Deacon

DAY 2!
Slightly better than day one? or no?

For sure:
Animal Collective
MIA
Malkmus

Probably:
Cafe Tacuba
Portishead
Kraftwerk

Why?:
Junkie XL

Wtf?:
Death Cab


Day 3!
Meh.

For sure:
Justice!
Gogol Bordello

Pretty much after that why would I go on Sunday? The huge draw for 03 and 04 was that the lineup was essentially a huge list of bands I haven't seen. Now it's just kind of nice to see them all together.

No comments: