Monday, October 1, 2007

first post

So, I just got back from deadline at The Lariat (Saddleback's newsrag), I've splooged telephonically with Joe over In Rainbows and Playtime (which I just saw a few days ago), I'm exhausted and a bit happy as a result. Naturally, this would seem a fitting time for my first contribution to the blog. I will post two things and they will be unrelated. One is my column from this week's paper on Columbia president Lee Bollinger's welcome to Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Here it is.

I encourage you to watch the remarks, and Ahmadinejad's as well on youtube if you haven't already. What a strange historical moment. The piece takes that editorial tone, but I am happy with it's content overall.

The other is a photo that I found looking through my collection.



Happy to finally add something.

Take care,
-Aaron

1 comment:

joe said...

whoa. thats a fucking great photo.