Saturday, October 20, 2007

Don't stop when your on a roll

This is not a poem,
so please stop analysing
I just wanted to say
how things were about a year ago
You sat and smoked on winter steps
living in some hole just because the rent was cheap
while I thought about
how things were about a year ago
I sat in some tin box
locked in my room while you slid notes under the door
but I was curled under my bed pineing about
how things were about a year ago
we where on top of the world
proud to be living together
we sat and drank to
how things were about a year ago
Fresh into college
I was still in architecture
wondering what the fuck braught me here and
how things were about a year ago
I cried at graduation, I still don't know why
But then I got drunk with you for the first time
and though this was better than
how things where about a year ago
God fucking shit I was so depressed
Went on my meds for the first time
how did things get so fucked up from
how things were about a year ago
My first kiss was always fresh in my mind
even though i din't like her all that much
my entire life felt different
then how things were about a year ago
Man, we fucked up.
You guys are my friends! But highschool was different somehow
we all completely forgot
how things were about a year ago
We were so close
played basketball with some, Dungeons and Dragons with others
not so different really than
how things were about a year ago
Samanth Tonini
there was a whole god damn mess
but you and her made me forget
how things were about a year ago
New school, but same enimies
my paretns finally caught on to how shitty I felt
But all the shrink had me do was tell her
how things were about a year ago
Last year in this shit hole
first time I put a knife to my throat
I didn't want next year to be the same as
how things were about a year ago
No friends but a really cool teacher
I felt shitty but I learned to entertain myself
not thinking what it really ment to be worse off than
how things were about a year ago
Had some friends that I don't talk to anymore
don't even remember their last names
I was in school, but thats more than I remember about
how things were about a year ago
Shit, I don't know
Did a project on whales with some girl
think we went to Canada that year
how were things about a year ago?
Nana was still alive, but thats kinda obvious
we still lived on Shell Cove, but thats obvious too
I think I stole lunch tickets from school.
I don't even thought I cared about how things were about a year ago.

No comments: