Sunday, July 15, 2007

Inspiration

When I was young, 5 or 6 at the most, there where no other children on my street save one fat, shy girl whom I may have kissed, but I don't remember much of anything about that time. I do, however, remember an older boy Jack. Jack was probably in 5th grade, but to me he might of well been 30 with children of his own. He taught me of a great kingdom that used to occupy the emediate area arround my street, and an ancient magic that was preserved just through him. Many nights I went to his room and watched him pull out brilliant green gems from his dresser and arrange them in odd formations on the red carpet. He said that he was able to make them glow by a wave of the hand, and when they did a person could make a wish and it would come true. I don't remember if I ever witnessed the spell, but I don't remember much of anything about that time. I do, however, remember that my brother and I refounded this kingdom, and named all the hills and valleys arround my street. We would explore them time and time again, and each time it was as mysterious a place as the first. After a while we becgan to memerize the closely guarded secrets of the kingdom, darting in and out of it's wilderness through shrouded tunnels eclipsed by trees and bushes. I don't recall any of the names of these places, nor could I find those paths again, but I don't remember much about that time. I do, however, recall the last time I saw Jack. It was during school when I was in fith grade. He came to the fence on the playground and was surrounded by children who where looking up to him as I once did. The other children din't care much for me, and I thought they were all assholes, so I was in the back. I was tall back then as I am today, so I could still see him clearly, and he could see me. He said "Hey Grant", and nothing more, not to me anyway. Later he was suspended from school for drugs, I think, and might have been sent to military school. But I don't remember much of that time.

No comments: